All staff, including: Managers and Supervisors; full-time, part-time or casual, temporary or permanent staff; job candidates; student placements, apprentices, contractors, sub-contractors and volunteers
- The privacy of our Guest/Clients is of the utmost importance to Eden Motor Group.
- You do not have to provide us with your personal information. However, if you don’t it may affect our ability to assist you or provide you with a product or service.
Types of personal information we collect and hold
- The types of personal information we collect and hold may vary depending on the products and services we provide to you, or a request or inquiry you make in relation to such products and services. This information may include any or all of the following:
- Address (es);
- Telephone number (s) and;
- Other contact details that may include
- Electronic address (es);
- Date of birth;
- Gender and/or;
- Vehicle details including
- Year and;
- Any preferences you tell us about or other information that you provide
- Please see the direct marketing section of this policy for more examples of the kinds of personal information we collect.
Why we collect and hold personal information
- Generally, we collect, hold and use personal information about Guests/Clients to establish and provide a range of products and services to suit their needs.
- We also collect personal information to assist in identifying ways in which we can serve you better, such as providing our products and services to you more effectively and to assist our internal administration and operations including recording keeping, archiving, system development and testing and staff training.
- Some information we collect is for the purpose of improving our interaction with you.
How we collect information
- Generally we collect personal information from you, such as when you purchase a vehicle or get you vehicle serviced with us or when you have other dealings with us.
- We may collect and update that information over the phone, over the internet, in person, when you write to us or if you choose to participate in our marketing campaigns.
Storage and protection of personal information
- We store personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files and other records.
- In so doing, we have taken numerous steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure including the use of lockable filing cabinets.
- Additionally we take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information when we no longer need it.
- We impose strict requirements of security and confidentiality on all third parties as to how they store, handle and deal with your personal information.
How we use and disclose personal information
- We may use and disclose your personal information for a variety of purposes in connection with servicing you as a Guest/Client in relation to our business operations.
- These include:
- Processing and administrating your dealings with us as a Guest/Client;
- Providing you with the products and services you have requested from us;
- Developing processes, products, services and benefits to better meet your needs
- We may also use your personal information to offer you with loyalty benefits, discounts and other information we may have on offer.
- We may also provide your personal information to Ford, Suzuki or Toyota Australia in the connection with the supply of products and services to you for the same purposes above.
- If you do not wish to receive direct marketing information from, please use the contact details at the end of this policy to update your preferences.
- We may still need to use your personal information to provide the products or services you have requested from us.
- It may not be possible for us to action your request to opt out straight away, however, we will respond to such request as soon as practicable and will make all reasonable efforts to promptly activate a change in preference.
- We will not sell or rent your personal information.
- We may disclose your personal information where we are required, by law, to disclose your personal information or for any purposes connected to a fraud, crime prevention or impropriety investigation.
Overseas disclosure of personal information
- We may disclose some of your personal information, for the purposes described above, to organisations overseas.
One Toyota Network
Eden Toyota is part of the OneToyota network of Toyota organisations in Australia (each a OneToyota organisation), comprising:• authorised Toyota dealers in Australia;
- Toyota Motor Corporation Australia Limited;
- Toyota Finance Australia Limited;
- Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Company Australia Pty Ltd trading as Toyota Insurance; and
- Toyota Western Australia (comprising Prestige Motors Pty Ltd as trustee for the Prestige Toyota Unit Trust and Eastpoint Pty Ltd).
Your consent to receive marketing from a OneToyota organisation will be deemed to be ongoing if you do not opt out when you are offered the opportunity to do so, or unless and until you advise the relevant organisation otherwise.
* OneToyota comprises: authorised Toyota dealers, Toyota Motor Corporation Australia Limited, Toyota Finance Australia Limited, Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Company Australia Pty Ltd trading as Toyota Insurance, and Toyota Western Australia (comprising Prestige Motors Pty Ltd as trustee for the Prestige Toyota Unit Trust and Eastpoint Pty Ltd)
OneToyota Collection Wording and Marketing Opt Out Statements for Dealers FINAL (13 Jan 2017)
DS01 / Version: 1.0 / Oct 2017 Page 10 of 16
Access to, and correction of, personal information
- We will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, hold, and use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date.
- If any of your personal details change, such as your address, phone number or email, please contact us on 02 64961529 to update your details.
Making a complaint
- If you wish to complain about our handling of your personal information, please send a written complaint to our Dealer Principal using the contact details below.
Eden Motor Group
Po Box 378
Eden NSW 2551
You can also telephone us on 02 6496 1529.
Australian Human Rights Commission Act 1986
Privacy and Protection of Information Act 1998
Storage and archiving
All documentation must be kept in the according folder and in a secure area due to privacy of information acts